Artist Statement

As an artist, I use art as filter – a series of creative steps that I take in exploring the world that I live in and the constant motion taking place in it. The distortion of narrative images plays a large role in my two dimensional work. These distorted representations of personal experiences bring to life the ever-changing energy that composes everything and everyone. Recently, my works have been predominately charcoal or pastel based two-dimensional pieces in which I manipulate the drawing surface and utilize mark making to investigate the changes in the world mentioned above. My goal as artists is to represent and absorb the world in which I live in and share with others my interpretation of it through the creation of art. To me, art is life and life is art – and they work together in telling a story that has no beginning or end and a sense of timelessness is set into place when creating it.


6/1/11

Siblings Dyptic



Drawing II Fall 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment